• 2022.09 - present, Assistant Professor at ShanghaiTech University
• 2018.06 - 2022.03, PostDoc at Universität Göttingen (2021.06 Habilitation)
• 2014.06 - 2018.06, Visiting Scholars & PostDocs at FU Berlin, TU Eindhoven, Luxembourg, MSRI Berkeley, etc.
• 2011.09 - 2014.06, Dr. rer. nat. in Mathematics, Freie Universität Berlin
• 2010.06 - 2011.06, Master in Quantum Physics, Ecole Normale Supérieure
• 2007.09 - 2011.06, Diplôme d'ingénieure, Ecole Polytechnique
• 2003.09 - 2007.06, Bachelor in Applied Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
The topic of my PhD research was discrete geometry, including sphere packings, polytopes, codes, graphs, hyperbolic reflection groups, etc. They remain my research interests. Around 2017, I developed interest in complex analysis and differential geometry, with focus on minimal and constant mean curvature surfaces. I'm in collaboration with physicists, chemcists, material scientists, etc., to apply the mathematical results in natural sciences.
1. • Hao Chen. Existence of the tetragonal and rhombohedral deformation families of the gyroid. Indiana University Mathematics Journal, 70(4):1543–1576, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1512/iumj.2021.70.8505.
2. • Hao Chen and Martin Traizet. Stacking disorder in periodic minimal surfaces. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, 53(1):855–887, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1137/20M1312137.
3. • Hao Chen and Matthias Weber. An orthorhombic deformation family of Schwarz’ H surfaces. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 374(3):2057–2078, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1090/tran/8275.
4. • Hao Chen and Matthias Weber. A new deformation family of Schwarz’ D surface. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 374(4):2785–2803, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1090/tran/8274.
1. •Hao Chen and Arnau Padrol. Scribability problems for polytopes. European Journal of Combinatorics, 64:1–26, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejc.2017.02.006.
2. •Aart Blokhuis and Hao Chen. Selectively balancing unit vectors. Combinatorica, 28:67–74, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/10.1007/s00493-016-3635-z.
3. •Hao Chen. Ball packings with high chromatic numbers from strongly regular graphs. Discrete Mathematics, 340(7):1645–1648, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.disc.2017.03.006.
4. •Hao Chen and Jean-Philippe Labb´e. Lorentzian Coxeter systems and Boyd–Maxwell ball packings. Geometriae Dedicata, 174(1):43–73, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10711-014-0004-1.
•Qingqing Sheng, Hao Chen, Wenting Mao, Congcong Cui, Shunai Che, and Lu Han. Self-Assembly of Single Diamond Surface Networks. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 60(28): 15236–15242, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.202102056