December 2018 - Present, Professor and Deputy Director of IMS, ShanghaiTech University
August 1997-Present, Associate Professor, University of Miami
August 1991- July 1997, Assistant Professor, University of Miami
May 1991, Ph.D, University of Pennsylvania .
July 1985, M.S., Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
July 1982, B.S., Jiangsu Normal University, Xuzhou, China
Differential Geometry, Mathematical Relativity
1. Ends of Riemannian manifolds with nonnegative Ricci curvature outside a compact set. Bull. Amer. Soc., 2 (1991), P. 371-377.
2. A splitting theorem for manifolds of almost nonnegative Ricci curvature. Ann. Global Analysis and Geometry. 11 (1993), P. 373-385.
3. On Gromov's large Riemannian manifolds, Geometriae Dedicata. 50 (1994), P. 37-45.
4. (With Tobias Colding and DaGang Yang) A gap theorem for ends of open Riemannian manifolds. Proc. Amer. Math. Soci. (123) 1995. P.247-250.
5. (with G. Galloway) Rigidity of tori in 3-manifolds of non-negative Scalar Curvature. Comm. Anal. Geom. 8(2000), p. 565-573.
6. (with G. Galloway) Boundaries of zero scalar curvature in the Ads/CFT correspondence. Adv. Theor. Math. Phys. 3 (2000), no. 6, 1769-1783.
7. (with G. Galloway) On the topology and area of black holes. Classical Quantum Gravity 18 (2001), no. 14, 2707-2718.
8. Volume Minimizing hypersurfaces in Manifolds of nonnegative scalar curvature. Advnced Studies in Pure Mathematics 34, 2002. Minimal surfaces, Geometric Analysis and Simplectic Geometric. P. 1-7.
9. (with Lars Anderson and Greg Galloway) Rigidity and positivity of mass for asymptotic hyperbolic manifolds. Ann. Henri Poncare, 9(2008) 1-33.
10. On rigidity of gradient shrinking Ricci soliton of nonnegative sectional curvature. Pacific Journal of Mathematics, 271(2015), 61-76
Office: S416, School of Creativity & Arts